Friday, October 17, 2008

Bas Do Minute


If you are like me, you would likely have binged on Maggi 2-Minute Noodles oh so often.

However one thing that I have always wondered is how can this product be marketed as a 2-Minute noodle. I haven't found a single soul (and trust me, I know a lot of Maggi eating people around the world) who has been able to prepare the noodles start-to-finish in anywhere close to 2 mins. In fact, most people that I inquired need anywhere between 5 and 10.

No wonder then, that
Nestlé does not market this product in the American market. Because if they did, I am sure some lucky soul will get a chance to become a very rich man.

Here's throwing an open challenge to one and all -- Go prepare your 2-minute instant noodle in 2 minutes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least until I was in India, they had a disclaimer on the packet mentioning that the 2 minutes did not include the time required for boiling the water.

sanikajc said...

yup was going to say the same thing as footballreader said. If your water has already come to a rolling boil and the veggies that you want to put in it (if any) are already cooked, then you can add the noodles to such water and keep it boiling on high for 2 minutes and they will cook in that much time.
As compared to cooking pasta which needs the water to be boiling already and still the would have 20 mins to cook, the 2-min noodles are really instant. i Love Maggi. :-)

Jimit Shah said...

I will time how long it takes for Maggi to cook once I have water already boiling, noodles broken into 4 parts and taste maker masala ready...

Looks like we have several "anubhavi khiladi" on this subject. I will post my findings. Hopefully very soon.

Hail Maggi!!

sanikajc said...

Ek vishesh tippani. If you are trying to cook 'Maggi Atta Noodles or sambar noodles' then i am not sure whether it will cook in 2 mins. The 2 minutes time works for basic Maggi Masala, Tomato, Curry etc.

Jimit Shah said...

I did cook Maggi earlier last week and even after adding Maggi to boiling water, it took around 4-5 mins before the noodles cooked sufficiently.